I’ve been trying to change things up for healthy recipes, but for some reason my mind always goes to pasta. The other night I made up a little mock dish of some shrimp scampi pasta. I decided to go with some zucchini noodles to keep it on the healthy side. I’m the type of person who likes to take almost any type of short cut I can, so yes I bought a bag of frozen zucchini noodles. This is my first time ever messing with zucchini noodles, so I look at the back of the bag to see how many servings the bag contained and it said 4, so I’m like okay this is perfect. …It was not 4 servings, you guys. First of all I have a husband that eats at least 2 servings any time I cook dinner…and this bag was MAYBE a serving and a half. I was so disappointed. Although I did not have enough food made for dinner, we still split what I had made, and it was GOOD.
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
(Don’t forget anytime I give measurements, they are just an estimate..because I just throw things together..I should probs start measuring things lol)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 bag Shrimp (about 1 lb)
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
2-3 bags Zucchini Noodles
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 pinch Parsley
- Heat skillet to a medium-high heat and add olive oil, butter, and garlic to pan. Let butter melt.
- Put shrimp in pan and let cook a couple minutes on each side, while sprinkling red pepper flakes over shrimp.
- While shrimp is cooking, cook zucchini noodles per instructions on back of bag.
- Once shrimp is done, take out of pan.
- Add white wine and squeeze lemon into skillet to de-glaze and let simmer a couple of minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and let cook for just a couple minutes, to absorb the flavors, then add shrimp and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper, then top it off with a little parsley and voila! Dinner esss served.
I hope you guys enjoy and don’t forget to scroll down and subscribe! 🙂