I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought I’d share it with you guys and what I would change/do different the next time I make it because I’m not going to lie..it definitely could have been better.
Alright so lets get started.
Cajun seasoning (my favorite is the McCormick brand)
Salt & Pepper
Pepper jack cheese
Bell Pepper (color of your choice)
Onion (color of your choice)
1) Lets start with cutting up your veggies into slices, then set aside. Also start prepping the chicken, ie. cutting fat off. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Put the chicken in a bowl, along with olive oil, cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper. You don’t need a lot of olive oil. I would probably say 1/2-1 tablespoon to 1 chicken breast.
3) While the chicken is “marinating,” I would throw the veggies in the skillet with a little butter or olive oil and a dash of garlic salt for a few minutes on low-medium and covered. This is something I didn’t do the first time making it..because it didn’t tell me to..and my veggies didn’t seem to be cooked enough from only cooking in the oven.
4) While you have the vegetables steaming a little bit, get your chicken out and cut about 4-5 slices in it, but not all the way through.
5) When the veggies are done stuff them and the pepper jack cheese in the slices of the chicken.
6) Put the chicken in an oven safe pan and set your timer for 25 minutes. I always make the mistake of over cooking when baking chicken because I never feel like it’s done. Take it out if you aren’t sure..really look at it before deciding you don’t think it is done enough because that chicken will come out very dry if you over cook it…like I did.
With this chicken I added plain rice and red potatoes as sides. For my red potatoes I just cut them up in cubes and leave the skin on, throw them on a cookie sheet, mix them around in olive oil, pepper, and garlic salt, cook in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees, then broil for about 5 minutes. Broiling gives them a nice crisp layer.
After reading this..this recipe seems long and a tad complicated, but I swear it’s not.
ENJOY YOU GUYS!
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the page, type your email in, and follow my blog! 🙂